UCAN-UNITED COLLEGE ACTION NETWORK,INC. ANNOUNCES THEIR
2020 HBCU (HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY) VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIR
TO SERVE CALIFORNIA STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS on October 14-17, 2020
With so many high school students and families facing uncertainty this fall, UCAN is putting their efforts behind virtual to educate and inform our community about the college search process. Covering topics like; College Success During the COVID Crisis, 1st Gen Students-Resources for Success, Success Student Athletes, Financial Aid 101, etc., the virtual college fair provides expert presentations which can be viewed live or on demand.
The program also includes excellent online school counselor resources to assist students during their college selection process. All webinars will be available on-demand after the fair.
Exploring college options is an important function of a college fair. The Historically Black College and University virtual college fair provides search filters like geographic region, campus size, campus setting, and even majors offered to allow students and families to find a good fit, all from the comfort and convenience of home.
We can help! And here are 7 great reasons why this event is a great fit for students and families:
- More convenient - no travel/no time limit. The virtual college fair will remain posted for you to explore at your own convenience during the COVID crisis.
- Five Expert presentations on the college search and college application process with time for your specific questions to be answered. Watch live and come back to watch again on demand.
- No-Cost-Apply to 54 HBCUs through the Black College Common App (CBCA).
- Safer Way to Connect - Colleges will be available for one-on-one chat to help you learn more about their institution. Check out the college booth for an agenda of their own presentations on topics like the honors program or residence life.
- Great Search Tools - Search colleges specifically by name or search by attributes like campus size or majors offered.
- Choose Your Screen: - Attend this virtual college fair from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
- College Prep/Admissions Toolkit that includes helpful information downloads that to assist students and families to organize the college admissions search and selection.
UCAN extends an invitation to offer this awesome opportunity to your students/families.
For more information regarding bringing the opportunity to your school community, email Barbara Evans, UCAN Deputy Director at email@example.com or call 916-591-8558.