San Lorenzo Scholarship Foundation Application
WANT MONEY FOR COLLEGE? CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES! And remember: Never PAY for a scholarship; it's a scam.
For Undocumented Students
Scholarships Due October 2020
Scholarships Due November 2020
♦2020 GOOD TIDINGS COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP♦
Deadline: Nov. 6, 2020 @ 12 PM PST
This scholarship aims to reward low-income high school seniors who have committed themselves to community service. They are offering 10 scholarships from $10,000 to each winner.
Application Requirements include:
- High School Senior graduating in 2021
- Resident of one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Monterey. Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Yolo
- Submit a completed GT Community Service Application found on www.goodtidings.org
Scholarships Due December 2020
♦BURGER KING SCHOLARS♦
Deadline: Dec. 15, 2020
The BURGER KING℠ Scholars program assists employees, employees' spouses or domestic partners, employees' children and high school seniors in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada in continuing their education. To date, the program has awarded more than $44 million in scholarships to more than 39,000 students.
All Company and participating Franchise restaurant, corporate and field employees, spouses or domestic partners of employees, and dependent children of employees are eligible. All high school seniors, regardless of whether or not they or their parent/guardian is employed at BURGER KING®, are also eligible to apply.
- Be living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico
- Be graduating high school seniors (U.S. and Puerto Rico), graduating from grade 12 (Canada) or graduating from home school education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, for the entire 2021-22 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
♦SCIENCE AMBASSADORS SCHOLARSHIP♦
Deadline: Dec. 14, 2020 at 11:59PM CST
Funded by Cards Against Humanity. Applications close December 14th, 2020 at 11:59PM CST.
Scholarships Due January 2021
♦CHEVRON CORP. 2021 BLACK HISTORY SCHOLARSHIP♦
Deadline: Monday, January 11, 2021 by 5 pm
This scholarship program is a great opportunity for college bound seniors to receive funding to further advance their educational goals.
Criteria and eligibility:
- Scholarships will be awarded to HS seniors who demonstrated academic achievement with a 2.5 or higher GPA, performed community service and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Each student must complete the below application packet & submit a 500-750 word typed essay along with an up-to-date transcript.
- Students must attend a public school in Alameda, Contra Costa counties (excluding Richmond, El Cerrito, Hercules, Pinole, San Pablo as they are serviced by the Richmond Refinery BHAC)
- Open to public schools.
We look forward to partnering with your high school on this great opportunity. Please direct all questions or inquiries to Scholarship Application or contact Mary Wilson at (925) 842-6409
♦CALVIN COOLIDGE SCHOLARSHIP♦
Deadline: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 by 5 pm EST
Coolidge Scholars are selected based primarily on academic excellence. Any high school junior who plans to enroll in college in the Fall of 2022 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
A complete description of the scholarship's criteria is available at www.coolidgescholars.org/selection-criteria.
Scholarships Due February 2021
♦BAY AREA ALL-STAR SCHOLARSHIP TEAM (BAASST) ♦
Deadline: FEBRUARY 5, 2021
The Bay Area All-Star Scholarship Team (BAASST) is a partnership established in 1996 by the Oakland Athletics, Golden State Warriors, San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, San Jose Earthquakes and San Jose Sharks. The Oakland A's will award one (1) student attending an Alameda County public high school with a $5,000 scholarship. Please contact your school counselor or college preparatory advisor for more information.
Scholarships Due March 2021
♦ITALIAN CATHOLIC FEDERATION SCHOLARSHIP ♦
Deadline: MARCH 15, 2021
One of the many programs of the Federation is to offer college scholarships to further the education of students who achieve a total cumulative GPA (3 ½ years) of at least 3.2 and meet all of the requirements in either #1 or #2: 1) Are Roman Catholic and of Italian descent and live within the Roman Catholic Dioceses of Arizona, California, Illinois and Nevada, only where Branches of the Federation are established. Or 2) if either Roman Catholic parent, guardian or grandparent is a member of the Italian Catholic Federation, the student must be Roman Catholic but need not be of Italian Descent or live where Branches of the Federation are established – membership of a Roman Catholic parent, guardian or grandparent is mandatory for #2.
We invite you and interested students to go to our Web site: www.icf.org and download the application.
The application deadline is March 15, 2021.
♦THE CIRKLED IN SCHOLARSHIP ♦
Deadline: MARCH 31, 2021
Cirkled In is offering a $2500 scholarship grant to one outstanding High School student (Grades 9-12).
- No income of GPA requirements and not long essay.
- $2,500 award - you can use it immediately after receiving it.
- Use for any educational need
- Create a FREE account on WWW.cirkledin.com
- Click the "APPLY NOW" Button
Scholarships Due April 2021
♦THE LAW OFFICES OF DR. BILL LaTOUR SCHOLARSHIP♦
Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Eligibility and application details are below:
- Applicants must be college students in California, with a GPA of at least 3.0, who have been accepted to or are currently enrolled in a 2-year college or 4- year university.
- One student will be selected to receive $1,000 in scholarship funds based on their winning essay response.
- To enter, applicants are encouraged to submit via form on our website.
- The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2021. The winner will be notified individually and announced on our social media between May 17th-21st, 2021.
Scholarships Due May 2021
♦PB & J SCHOLARSHIPT♦
Deadline: May 31, 2021
The PB&J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed.
Examples of personal challenges include, but are not limited to:
- medical issues
- peer issues: bullying, change of school, minority status, etc.
- family issues: divorce, death, lack of income, homelessness, foster care, abuse, etc.
When in doubt, students are encouraged to apply; this scholarship is meant to be inclusive.
What's need to apply? Application, transcript and 1 letter of recommendation required (2 preferred).
How to apply?? Visit bit.ly/pbjscholarship2021
Scholarships Due June 2021
Scholarships Due July - August 2021
Ongoing Resources for College Bound Students
*Bay Area College Success Network Free Virtual College Application Advising For Bay Area Students*
ScholarMatch is accepting applications for a limited number of additional students to join our Virtual Destination College advising program. This program provides free, individualized high-touch virtual advising services to low-income high school seniors all across the country.
Students work 1:1 throughout the college application process with a highly trained volunteer college coach via text, phone call, video call and more. Coaches work with students on everything from college applications to FAFSA and CSS Profile submission, award letter review, scholarship applications, and more.
To apply, students must complete our interest form and demonstrate strong interest and commitment to this program. While we will consider any student who demonstrates a high-level of interest in this program, below is the profile of student we will prioritize:
- Lives outside of San Francisco, and may not have access to other advising programs or college application support
- 4-year college bound (traditionally our virtual students have 3.0+ unweighted GPAs, but we value student interest and need above academic profile)
- Annual family income of less than $80,000
- Would be the first in their family to attend a 4-year college